SAP-PS Solutions with Noveco ePM
What is Noveco ePM?
Noveco ePM (extended Project Management) is an add-on to the SAP Project System that consists of software components with additional functionality designed to provide solutions for seamless project planning, forecasting, variation management and integrated reporting with graphical representation of project KPIs directly within SAP ERP. Noveco ePM is a pre-configured package with rich project related business content that enhance the SAP Project System in the following essential areas:
- Provides a single screen with composite view of project KPIs: Budgets, Original Estimates, Forecasts, Variations, Traffic Light Exceptions, Forecast History Review, Variations, S-Curves, Bar Charts, Drill Down reporting and more
- Enables monthly financial re-planning (cost forecasting) of cost and work to complete (CTC) and estimated costs at completion (EAC) with automatic recalculation and manual adjustment
- Integrates project variation and issue management into project lifecycle through complete integration with project revenue, forecasts and budget planning
- Creates an environment for the project manager to review a portfolio of projects with graphical presentation of portfolio KPIs, build-in reporting and drill down capabilities
The ePM family of solutions fully and seamlessly integrates with your existing SAP modules, in particular PS, FI-CO, MM, PM/CS, PP and SD.
What does Noveco ePM do?
If you are an SAP PS (Project System) user or plan to be one, the Noveco ePM sophisticated solution will:
- Provide a real-time integrated platform for analysis and management of your project (or portfolio) Key performance Indicators: Current Budget, Original Estimates, Cost To Complete, Actual Costs, Estimated Cost at Completion etc.
- Automatically recalculate project Cost To Complete with carrying forward non-spend values into the future
- Integrate project variation management into your project cost forecasting, revenue and budget reporting
- Provide a one stop view for Project Managers to assess their project KPIs and perform cost forecasting with drill down reports and source documents on a single click
- Provide comprehensive reporting with overviews of project budgets, estimates, forecasts, revenues, final forecast cost, cost to complete, commitments, cost variations and actual costs etc., all from one single integrated platform – SAP PS
- Simplify Project System making it easy and intuitive to use
- Eliminate the need for the following complex and expensive tools: Business Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Business Objects, Process Integration, data exchange interfaces and third-party non-SAP planning tools
- Make your SAP PS a single source of truth for all your project reporting
How does Noveco ePM work?
Noveco’s enhancements enable the management of a project’s cost and work to complete directly within SAP PS. It uses various automatic methods to recalculate remaining costs from actual costs and purchasing commitments etc. After automatic recalculation is complete users can change cost and work to complete manually. Manual changes affect the entire project structure: estimated at completion (EAC), budget deficit and margins and exceptions are immediately recalculated. Costs and work to complete are distributed and saved directly in SAP ERP.
- Noveco ePM is a drop-in solution that has been built directly within the SAP ERP system. It only takes 2 hours to install
- ePM uses a powerful and integrated Project Information System as the platform. It’s reach business content is the basis for Noveco ePM solutions Australia
- Noveco ePM does not extract data from PS Information System, it simply uses it by reading data directly from and writing data directly back to the PS Information System
- There are no interfaces, no middle-ware, no BW or BI needed for Noveco ePM to work
- ePM is natively real-time by design. There is no data extraction from SAP ERP; no data transfer back into SAP ERP, the information flows seamlessly
- There are no Object Links, no Remote Function Calls, no BAPIs needed for ePM to function and to provide you with required information instantly. This is possible, because Noveco ePM is built directly within the SAP ERP system
- Noveco ePM supports various project structures: WBS only, WBS and network activities, WBS and PM/PP orders, WBS and network activities and PM/PP orders etc. All you need is to choose those that are suitable for your business and then follow the simple rules to plan and monitor your costs and forecasts
- Noveco ePM comes with pre-configured reports and takes little effort to fine tune them for your requirements
- Noveco ePM is a mature product as it is now being used by various businesses across different industries
- When implementing SAP PS with Noveco ePM you will notice that your Project System implementation becomes very focused and structured; this is because ePM brings methodology together with pre-configured content.
What does it look like?
Project Manager Workbench
Looks like a report, but is highly interactive and functional:
Project Manager Portal
With graphic representation of your Project Portfolio KPIs:
How does it integrate within SAP ERP?
Noveco ePM applications are integral part of your SAP Project System and PPM:
What is the ePM system architecture?
It is incredibly simple. The information used by Noveco ePM resides directly inside SAP ERP. There is no middle-ware required, no interfaces, no BW/BI system, no need for BO, no need for SAP PI or any other “interfacing” tools.
Project Manager Workbench – New user experience in SAP PS
- A new “non-transactional” user experience in SAP Project System
- Replaces several steps/transactions by one screen. Project Manager workbench represents a central place, a single screen to review your project, update cost forecast, run drill-down reports etc.
- Intuitive and Easy navigation. Quick identification of “problem” areas via exception traffic lights
- Provides one central place to review KPIs, update forecasts, execute analytical and drill down reports
- Context drill-down reports on Purchase Orders, Actual Costs, Confirmations, Open Commitments, Variations
- Graphical presentation of project KPIs
- No interfaces, no modifications, no custom tables, instant and seamless integration with SAP ECC (e.g. Project Builder, PS Info System, MM, PM, FI/CO etc.)
Project Manager Workbench: Functionality
- Auto recalculation of project Cost To Complete from actual costs and commitments with automatic re-distribution of cost to complete over remaining duration
- Use any cost plan (Easy Cost Planning, network costing, unit costing) to generate initial project cost to complete
- Manually adjust Cost and Work To Complete on network activity or WBS element
- Manual re-distribution of Project Budgets, Cost To Complete, Purchasing Commitments with immediate graphical representation
- Multi-level Cost To Complete management utilizing “planning level” concept for multi-tier project structures allowing integration of work orders (SC/PM and PP) into project cost forecasting
- Period sensitive Cost Forecasting using planning period, designed for month end processes
- Automatic forecasting history recording (w/o need to version copy)
- Instant Integration of cost forecasts with Resource Planning, PS Info System, Project Result Analysis
- Forecast change log
- Integrate project variations with budgets and cost to complete
- ePM does not modify SAP standard core components and does not require any additional interfaces to run